Application closing dates for local funding and project start dates.
Public funding in Southland comes from a variety of sources – local authorities, local and national gaming machine trusts, local organisations such as the Community Trust of Southland, and national funders.
Below are the details of some of the main funding options in Southland and also some of the national funders.
Creative Communities Invercargill
- Next round closes 12 pm 30 September 2019
- We are always open for applications which increase participation in arts and cultural activities or increase the diversity of opportunities for Invercargill residents. The funding committee meets quarterly to consider applications. Phone 03 2111669 to enquire or get more information >>here
Creavitve Communities Gore
- Next round closes 24 July 2019
- We have a partnership with Creative New Zealand to promote, support and increase participation in community arts and cultural activities in the Gore district. Each year Creative New Zealand provides Creative Communities Scheme funding to Council to distribute. There is no maximum amount you can apply for, however, grants usually range between $200 – $2,000. Any group, organisation or individual that can meet the grant criteria can apply, however, grants are not for individual gain. >>more
Creative Communities Queenstown Lakes District
- Next round closes last Friday of August 2019
- This scheme has only two funding rounds per year, one closing on the last Friday of August and the second closing on the last Friday of February. Anyone who would like to deliver public art to the Queenstown Lakes District can apply for a grant from the Creative Communities Scheme. Fill in the application form here. Or click here for further information >>more